Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bottom

I think I've hit bottom. Still working on the arthritis. I had a cortisone shot in the knee three weeks ago: that has relieved things so that I don't have to take drugs. I'm going for another round of therapy. Something isn't right, though, 'cause I'm limping more now than I did when I started. What have I screwed up?

And then, as these medical things often do, one thing leads to another. My liver count was slightly elevated, so I had to have a liver ultrasound. Almost cried when I went in for it: wish I'd had the privilege of going in for a baby ultrasound. Got the results back. Fatty liver disease. Nothing terrible, except I need to lose weight. And I haven't been able to do that for 30 years. *sigh* So I'm frustrated, and a little scared, and mad at myself for letting this happen, and just in general I feel as if I've hit bottom.

Of course, you know the only way now, right?

5 comments:

Julie said...

is up.
The good thing is that the liver is very good at repairing itself.
Weight Watchers?

Sudeaux Lux said...

Oh, Shirl. I'm sorry you're feeling blue. I feel your pain. If you were here with me, we'd could keep each other motivated and maybe go walking together.

I like it when you confide in us about what's going on in your life. You're courageous.

hugs and stuff...

Shirl said...

love you two!!! Thanks for the opportunity to speak freely.

3rd daughter said...

i have gained back all the weight that i lost (except for 1.6kgs - about 3.5lbs). i started weight watchers again a few weeks ago and lost 1.9kgs - 4.2lbs - in the first week. it is bloody hard and i know i will fall off the wagon every now and then but i have to do it. if i can do it shirl , i know you can too :)

Shirl said...

oh susan, thank you for that boost!!!