Sunday, June 28, 2009
Guest :: Star, list
Impact :: have an effect upon
Unplanned :: accident
Tactic :: Manuever
Delayed :: plane, train
Bombastic :: our mayor
Comfort :: console
Trumpet :: Horn
Joe :: Namath
Budget :: plan, cheap
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I do love my work though. Really
Monday, June 22, 2009
17. We went to an up-scale restaurant for lunch. I even ordered a bottle of wine! (She and her husband are having a little $ time, so it was my treat!)
18. That was the first time in my life I had ordered a bottle of wine (I'm such a numnum) and I got to do the whole presentation thing. Cool!
19. Halfway into our meal, the waiter stopped by and said, "Ladies, your meal is being paid for by the gentlemen two tables down."
21. We looked over at the table . . . it was my boss and his former business partner! Don't I have the best boss ever!
22. We thanked him profusely. He said welcome, but also said, "I thought you were going to be at the farm taking care of my radishes".
23. (I'm trying to grow him super radishes.)
24. I said . . . ooops.
25. Weeded and thinned the radishes.
26. Two tipsy ladies shopping at the mall in the afternoon bring smiles to many clerks. (I hope that was smiles.)
27. Saw the movie My Life In Ruins.
28. Thought it was good, but we were a little happy.
29. Planted Kentucky Wonder Beans.
to be continued
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
1. Saw Taking of Pelham 1.2.3
2. Attended my sister's 50th birthday party.
3. Had family for Taco Salad on Sunday
4. Planted another 80 glads, 20 peacock orchids, and 13 canna.
6. My friend Linn who retired from work came over and worked on my basement windows. That should keep critters out.
7. Met a lovely flickr friend. Arlie's_girl is very nice.
8. Went to Meijer Gardens.
9. Planted five mounds of cucumbers.
11. Did a "Senior Experience" photo shoot with one of my nieces.
12. Went to the Zoo.
13. Found that our local bookstore buys back books.
14. This fits in well with my new motto: Make Room.
to be continued
Monday, June 15, 2009
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee
whee! First day of vacation is full of sunshine. I'm basing this vacation at the farm, with day trips to various places. Today my old co-worker Linn came to work on mudding and my basement windows. He is an artist. The windows are about a hundred years old. They are actually double-paned. There is some rot in them, so Linn is actually going to reconstruct them. I am so lucky.
I worked in the garden. Another 76 glads planted, 20 peacock orchids, 13 canna, and a partridge in a pear tree. Well, not the last. Now I'm off for a drive in Amish country to see if I can see some working people.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Nudity :: Nakedness
Domestic :: Martha Stewart
Burp :: Belch
Baby :: Buggy
Dateline :: NBC show
Retract :: Take back
Suppose :: Consider
Surreal :: dreamlike
Infidelity :: Unfaithfulness
Token :: of my affection, subway