Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Contemplate :: Muse
In the house :: The MSU Spartans just beat the UM Wolverines in the house . . . in the BIG HOUSE! We are so stoked!
Classical :: Music
Quest :: Don Quixote, Vision Quest
Best friend :: Has your back
1991 :: The year Wayne died
Never will :: say good-bye
Fool :: for love
Unhappy :: sad
Best man :: at a wedding
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Anyone else joining the party?
Today the real test comes. Can we get over the psychologicals to beat UM? We'll know soon enough!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee
the barn guy cleared out the south side of the barn bridge, leaving me another garden plot. Uncle H and Aunt M gave me a bunch of tulip bulbs and iris . . . guess where they're going? My friend Carla also has hostas and sedum that are coming out to the farm.
The rock border is handy . . . the cornfield is just to the right of this bed and I pluck stones out of it.
Recession? Well, Michigan has been in one for about 18 months now. You can't let it get you down.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Magical :: Mystery Tour, Fairies
Shrimp :: Boat, Cocktail
Project Runway :: A show that a lot of folks watch
Economy :: is a mess, economy of scales
Porch :: I have two and I love them.
State of affairs :: Situation Normal
.com :: sadly, nothing comes to mind
Fifty cents :: rapper
Ripping :: Tearing
Bull :: Pit
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Doris!
You are a Doris -- "I must help others."
Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
- * Share fun times with me.
- * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
- * Let me know that I am important and special to you.
- * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.
In Intimate Relationships
- * Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
- * Reassure me often that you love me.
- * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.
What I Like About Being a Doris
- * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
- * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
- * being generous, caring, and warm
- * being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
- * being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor
What's Hard About Being a Doris
- * not being able to say no
- * having low self-esteem
- * feeling drained from overdoing for others
- * not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish
- * criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
- * being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tume in to them
- * working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings
Dorises as Children Often
- * are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism
- * try hard to please their parents by being helpful and understanding
- * are outwardly compliant
- * are popular or try to be popular with other children
- * act coy, precocious, or dramatic in order to get attention
- * are clowns and jokers (the more extroverted Dorises), or quiet and shy (the more introverted Dorises)
Dorises as Parents
- * are good listeners, love their children unconditionally, and are warm and encouraging (or suffer guilt if they aren't)
- * are often playful with their children
- * wonder: "Am I doing it right?" "Am I giving enough?" "Have I caused irreparable damage?"
- * can become fiercely protective
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Zoo :: Potter Park (the local zoo)
Neighborhood :: Watch
Salute :: Army
Immortality :: never-dying
Dominion :: Power
Rhonda :: Help help me
Parties :: Gatherings
Prince of Darkness :: Evil
Garbage :: In, Garbage Out
Standard :: Oil Company (i'm old)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
The game was on cable, which I don't have, and I had a project painting the new barn door today. So I kept track of the game the old-fashioned way: I would turn the car radio on now and then to keep abreast of developments.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee
I LOVE having the chicken coop as a kind of workshop. Projects can stay put until I have the time to finish them, instead of being swept into a closet. (Of course, it was the apartment that had closets. The farm only has one. Pre-closet days of building.)
The chair was an unfinished one from Michaels. I first painted it a dark green. I wanted it to look old, so before I painted it light green, I put vaseline on areas that I wanted to look worn. After the coat of light green, I wiped the areas of vaseline with baby wipes, leaving the dark green showing under.
My brothers, 43 and 52, are scared of this doll. What's up with that?
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Insight :: Understanding
Irksome :: Tiresome
Maybe :: Maybe not
Confirmation :: Reservations
Bib :: Overalls. Bought a pair today at the Goodwill store for my boy Scarecrow.
Stop! :: Look and Listen
Lobster :: Red
Boys :: Girls
Fire away :: Shoot
Give up :: Concede