Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vacation is almost over . . .

and a good one it was. Some of the things I did:

1. Saw Taking of Pelham 1.2.3
2. Attended my sister's 50th birthday party.
3. Had family for Taco Salad on Sunday
4. Planted another 80 glads, 20 peacock orchids, and 13 canna.
5. Weeded.
6. My friend Linn who retired from work came over and worked on my basement windows. That should keep critters out.
7. Met a lovely flickr friend. Arlie's_girl is very nice.
8. Went to Meijer Gardens.
9. Planted five mounds of cucumbers.
10 Weeded.
11. Did a "Senior Experience" photo shoot with one of my nieces.
12. Went to the Zoo.
13. Found that our local bookstore buys back books.
14. This fits in well with my new motto: Make Room.
15. Weeded

to be continued

3 comments:

Gracie said...

What a great vacation! I'm in awe of some of what you've accomplished (e.g., the planting and making room, and weeding, weeding, weeding) and envious that you are so involved with your family (mine is scattered all over the country).
Five mounds of cucumbers?!

Roscoe said...

I particularly like #14 on your list. I'm trying to do much the same at my place.

Shirl said...

Make Room is a toughie for me, but I'm working on it!

We're blessed to have so much of our family still in one area, Grace. Surprising, too, when you think how economically depressed Michigan is.