Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Good to be a Spartan

This was in my email this morning. Those of you in March Madness . . . well, thanks for putting up with my happy dances!




Bobby Knight, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with afaded Indiana University flag in the window. "This house is yours foreternity, Bob," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets ahouse up here."

Bob felt special indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up theporch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-storymansion with a bright Green and White sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpoleflying an enormous Michigan State flag, and in every window, a Spartanlogo. In the front yard was a sign that said "Welcome to the Izzone".

Bob looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but Ihave a question. I won three national championships, more Big Ten titlesthan I can remember and I am the winningest coach in IU basketballhistory."

God said "so what do you want to know, Bob?"

"Well, why doesTom Izzo get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Bob,that's not Tom's house....... .it's mine."

2 comments:

Sudeaux Lux said...

Oh, that's great!! I love it.

Shirl said...

and of course it could be adapted to any great pair of coaches during Final Four weekend!

Go White!