Saturday, January 24, 2015

When I'm 63

Which is now.

I had hoped to retire at 62.  The ACA put a stop to that.  Insurance is in too much flux now. Even continuing working we have had downgrades to the insurance, but oh well.

Retirement.  The one thing I didn't take seriously enough in deciding where I was going to work for my working career.  It was always more important to me to work for small businesses. I liked being a visible cog in the wheel. But . . . no retirement program.  The 401(k) has done nicely, but even that got screwed when we were purchased and the new owners did not honor the original share-plan.  Oh well.  Hind sight.

Sixty-three is a tired year.  The mind, the brain are as busy as ever, but the body and energy don't seem to keep up.

Sixty-three is also a hopeful year.

No comments: