Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Storm Outcome

The 4:00 p.m. storm Sunday was the killer one, literally. The route I take to work, Mount Hope Highway, took the brunt of it. A woman was working on her trailer-camper, readying it for vacation. It fell over on her, killing her. There were so many trees and wires down that it took 20 minutes for the rescue crew to get to her. The highway looks like a war zone. Three barns that I have admired are either flattened or have lost much of their timber.

This was a straight line wind of about 85 miles per hour. Tornadoes aren't the only killers. I was lucky, I was actually driving when it hit. I'll be more careful in the future.

2 comments:

Julie said...

And if you're not careful, just make sure you're driving along a different road.

Shirl said...

and i was . . . whew!