Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Polar Vortex


Ice last week
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee

Sheesh! The week before Christmas we had an amazing ice storm that left many folks without power for up to a week. (That would be me, too, but as it was Christmas week I was spending time in town with relatives who had power. I did come out to the farm every day to take care of the cats.)

Next up, four days into the new year we have a Polar Vortex???? New word for good old-fashioned COLD snowstorm, I think. Brrr. Approximately 15 inches of snow, and now sub-zero temperatures.

Relief is in sight tonight, and we're all just hoping and praying the power stays on and the furnaces keep chugging.

Weather. A big reminder that we're not really in control.

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imagine all the weather those red barns have withstood. I guess we weather it pretty well too, but it wears on a person. Hang in!