Friday, July 25, 2008

fly


fly
Originally uploaded by Aunt Owwee

I keep a patch of milkweek behind the garage for the monarch butterflies. I had noticed something had been eating on them, and as monarchs and their caterpillars are the only thing that dine on them I knew I had to pay attention.

I was sitting on the picnic table when I saw the monarch butterfly wend its way from the far side of the garage. Right behind her was: the hummingbird. That hummer was dogging that butterfly, and eventually ran her off.

ah, nature

4 comments:

Gail said...

Very, very, very, very, VERY cool picture, Shirl.

Shirl said...

thank you very much, missie Artist Gail! I'm blown away by your artwork!

Gail said...

Thanks, Shirl! We could form our own mutual admiration society. : )

Shirl said...

why we shirley could!!!