Saturday, November 15, 2008

Holiday in Michigan

November 15th really should be a holiday in Michigan: It's opening day of white-tail deer gun season. The hunters were lined up even last night at the licensing spot in Meijers to get their permits.

When I was young I was against hunting. Two events changed my viewpoint. One was a serious car-deer collision involving dear relatives. The second was the day I counted 33 deer within the Lansing city limits. Both events say the deer herd must be managed.

I'm heading to town for a four-hour studio shoot. I made an offer at work. I'm shooting Elsie's great-Grandchildren, Dee's Grandchild, Mr & Mrs Smith, and then finishing with my niece and her son and my brother Boo's family. The only one I'm really worried about is the Smiths. Mr. doesn't know he's bald yet. Now, bald men per se are no problem. My brother Boo is gloriously bald, revels in it, and so no problem. Mr. Smith . . . . hmmm. Wish me luck!

And what are you up to today?

1 comment:

Gail said...

I think it's very cool that you are getting into professional photography, Shirl. Best of luck with it! How did it go, by the way? Did you have to photoshop more hair on Mr. Smith?