Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

My Christmas party that I host for family and friends was last Saturday. It was a buffet and then an afternoon of "Cut Throat Bingo". I had ten family members and six friends. One of the friends I hadn't seen in thirty years.

Anyway, because I live in a 99-year-old house . . . oh wait, this year we turn 100! . . . I try to incorporate as many old-fashioned things into my parties as I can. As part of the buffet, I had sweet and sour meatballs from this old family recipe:

2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. parsley
1 tsp galic salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. dry onion
1 c. corn flakes
1/4 c. catsup
2 lbs hamburg
salt & pepper to taste


Form meat into walnut sized balls and place into greased pan, after mixing all ingredients together.

SAUCE:
1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
1 12 oz bottle chili sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Pour over meatballs and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 10 people.

Yummy!

No comments: