Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter Movies: Ever Been a Maid-of-Honor?

The heroine of 27 Dresses has been just that, 27 times! I was maid three and bridesmaid once, and have never been married, so if I thought back I could relate a bit. The movie was definitely a chick flick. Katherine Heigl fielded the role of a perennial bridal attendant fairly believably, which surprised me. James Marsden is a little cutie, and I enjoyed him much more as a reporter than I did as the goofy prince in Enchanged. Let's see, a rating? 2/4

How many times were you an attendant at a wedding? Did you enjoy it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I can't be a maid of honour, since I'm a guy. And neither am I a best man. But I have been to a few weddings (duh~) and I like some but hated some as well. It's like a time to update your system and I have to fervently remember all the names and ages of my nieces and nephews from my extended family as well, knowing that I would still forget the next time we meet...

Shirl said...

I never look forward to weddings, but then, when I'm there, I have a grand time. And now I'm getting so old, I don't have to remember everyone *grin*

Good to see you, Tien!

Sudeaux Lux said...

3 times a bridesmaid, once a maid of honor, twice a bride, once divorced!