Sunday, November 25, 2007

and so it was Thanksgiving!

This was my second year of hosting our family Thanksgiving dinner. I still need a LOT more practice. Martha Stewart I'm not. My mother I'm not. Dinner was 37 minutes late (dang potatoes) but my dear family puts up with old aunt Owwee, and I do believe a good time was had by all. I hope yours went well.

We had two babies at this celebration. One was 4 weeks old, the other ten months. Don't you think babies add a lot to a party?? Caleb, the ten months, got on very well with my Snuzzles cat, even using him as a pillow for a little while.

Great memories.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Belated Thanksgiving wishes, Shirl. I envy you getting to cook Thanksgiving. I rarely get to do it because we usually go to visit my husband's family. It's a fun meal to cook. We had babies (my twin nephews who are 4 months old) at our Thanksgivng too - and yes - they do add a lot! I'd much rather watch them than football. : )

Sudeaux Lux said...

Great memories for you and you are also creating wonderful memories. The rest of your family will be able to cherish their memories of Aunt Owwee's Thanksgiving dinners down on the farm. Well done, friend!

Shirl said...

Thanks, Gail! I love football, but I love babies sooooo much more!

Thanks, Susan! We always loved "the farm" as children, and I hope that feeling keeps going.