Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Going to Market

cultures meet at the market
There is a large Amish settlement in the township southwest of me. Saturday I was out driving, and I found an Amish farmer working a field with a team of six, but I got bashful about taking the horses' pictures. *sigh* So I had to settle for this horse. The intersection of M-43 and M-66 is a busy corner, and all through the summer and early fall there is an Amish baked-goods stand here. Yummy. I bought some molasses cookies. Old fashioned, soft, just right.

2 comments:

Sudeaux Lux said...

I love to read about your town and what's going on. Especially when you have a good photo to document it.

Shirl said...

thanks, Susan!

I love the Amish, but I don't want to mess with their no picture taking rule. They don't mind if you take their critters or buggies, though