Friday, November 16, 2007

Watch Those Steps

Public Service Announcement:

With the cold temperatures, watch those steps! There could be ice or slippery stuff on them.

Tuesday morning was cold here. I stepped out onto the back steps. I smelled a whiff of skunk, ick, so I did a visual check to make sure the critter wasn't around. Seeing no sign of the critter, I took a step and found myself sitting down, my left leg caught underneath me. The steps were slick with frost. Having been recently painted *sigh* didn't help their slippery factor.

Ended up with what I'm calling a pulled muscle in my leg. Caned it around work on Tuesday, rested it Tuesday night, and we're doing fairly well now. Have to, because tonight is Silver Bells in the City and tomorrow is the Penn State football game, for which we have tickets. Oh yeah. Better put those in my purse now.

Be careful!

7 comments:

Gail said...

Oh, ouch! Glad you are ok and that it wasn't worse.

By the way: Go Penn State!!

(My son is a student there.)

Julie said...

Yikes Shirl. Be careful yourself.

kitteh pundd it said...

careful!
what is this "frost" of which you speak?

hoping your game time works out as well as mine.

kitteh pundd it said...

yippee, whoopie, yay! rah, rah.

i don't care what the "expert" goofballs have to say, i'd call that a good regular season, closing strong.

Shirl said...

ohoh . . . sorry we beat you, Gail (that sounds kind of insincere, doesn't it?)

Will do, Julie!

Oh kim, our game time worked out very well . . . and for once I was rooting for Ohio State as well!

I'm very pleased with the end of this season for the Spartans. We have . . . matured!

Diane and Jack said...

late as usual, I hope your feeling better by now.
and you do becareful, I think it is going to be a brut' of a winter.

Shirl said...

mebbe that fall was a good wake-up call to pay better attention. I guess we'll just have to take old man winter as she comes, won't we!!