Friday, May 04, 2007

Miracle

You remember my aunt N, who was close to death back in March? Her stomach had become strangulated, part of it caught up in her chest cavity. She wasn't getting enough blood flow, and the original prognosis was that surgery to correct it would kill her. So all her nephews and nieces (she has no children) made their way to the hospital to say what we thought were our good-byes. She was at peace with the decision, and gave everyone little happy tidbits to remember.

Well, another surgeon was called in. He thought he could do a simpler surgery. Aunt N. had the surgery done two weeks before Easter. On Good Friday, her brother, Uncle H., checked her out. She wasn't through rehabilitation yet, but he thought his rehab plan would work better.

Yesterday I was out in the yard, burning branches, and a car beeped and pulled into the driveway. Out one door popped Uncle H. Another door opened, and it was his wife, AuntM. And a third door opened, and there was Aunt N, walking under her own power. Wow!

3 comments:

Julie said...

*smile*

Anonymous said...

funny how things turn out the least unexpected manner huh?

Shirl said...

yes, tien, and I think you mentioned that to me when I first posted this story. Maybe I'll learn my lesson. *grin*!

Thanks, Julie!