Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sick

One of the bad things about living alone is that when you get sick, you are really alone. No one to hold your head or your hand, no one to yell at you, no one to tuck you back into bed. Alone. *sigh*

Woke up in the middle of the night with a bad case of the stomach upsets. Don't know if it was something I ate, overeating, or a bug, but man, I was sick! The cats seemed to sense something was wrong. Snuzzles likes to bite my nose to wake me up, but he would come close, I'd say "i'm sick" and he'd leave me alone. Whew.

Feeling better this morning, but everything is kind of achy, and the only food that sounds good is stale crackers. I have a load of dirt coming this morning for the flower gardens, but I bet I won't be doing too much shoveling today. (I know, I know, it's weird to bring in dirt when you live on a farm, but this is screened top-soil to go in the flower beds. I have three other flower beds besides the new one where the wall is.)

And, the sun is finally shining again, and when I opened my front window there were three deer grazing out in the field across the road. So life is good. It would be better shared, I think, but we do the best we can with what we've got.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you've been sick. It's no fun being alone. I remember.

I hope you get a chance to bask a little in the sun today. It might help you feel better.

Julie said...

Aww Shirl. Hope it's just a 24 hour thing and you feel better, much better, soon.

Shirl said...

hey thanks, Kathryn and Julie. I rested a lot today, and I think I'm gonna live *grin*. Thanks for your caring!

Julie said...

Okay then, now that you're alive again - get out there and start shovellng!

Shirl said...

hahahaha! brat!
they never showed up with my load! They must have known I was a sicko.
Besides, it's 9:32 p.m. It's DARK out!

Julie said...

Well, I guess that's an excuse. Raining here - twice in one week, woohoo.

Shirl said...

seems funny to say great on the rain, as we have so much, but . . . great on the rain!

Gail said...

Sorry you were under the weather, Shirl. FWIW, I'm beaming good healing thoughts through cyberspace in your direction.