Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wild Life

One of the benefits of living in the country is all the wildlife. A few nights ago, I looked south out of the kitchen window and saw a stream of deer heading up to the road. There were ten in all. They gathered at the road, then crossed it single-file. I wondered if one of them was the safety, saying cross now, kiddos. (Let's see, that's anthropomorphism, isn't it?)

This morning I looked out the same window, and darned if there wasn't a flock of turkeys coming single file down the same area. Twenty of them. A couple of them were puffed up, showing their tail feathers. I grabbed some jeans (I was in PJs) and hurriedly got dressed, raced out the door with my camera, and . . . they were gone! Sheesh. Not a peep out of them. How do 20 turkeys move so fast???

Oh. I bet you thought the title was about my wild life, right? **chuckle**

5 comments:

Julie said...

should've just run out in your pj's. Who would've seen?

Shirl said...

well, see, here's the thing. I had a big hole in the seat of said pjs, and it's still pretty cold up here in Michigan

Julie said...

hahahaha
too funny

Shirl said...

oh, so we think this is funny, do we????? **chuckling a little**

Julie said...

I think it's hilarious.
*Mad photographer arrested for over-exposure while chasing turkeys*