Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cheeriness From Sydney

Fall is probably my least favorite month. I do like MSU Spartan football, and the colors are great, but the loss of daylight is kind of a downer. I mean, in June it is light out until almost 10:00 p.m. Now the yardlight comes on at 7:30, and it will only get earlier.

I've also been a bit bummed about my knee acting up. It appears that old arthuritis is making an appearance there. I've had a spot of it in my hands for years. I just never thought he would appear in my knee. The knee is much better now, thanks, but it was a downer.

So I've been a little down lately. But this is where blogging and bloggers can often bring me back up, thank you all very much! I got home from work on Tuesday, and there was a package in the mailbox. I hadn't ordered any books. What could it be?goodiesfromsydney
I pulled it out and noticed the postmark. It was from the other-side-of-the-world.!!!

Susan and I became blogging friends due to the lovely little ladybird or ladybug, whichever you say. She had sent me some new ladybugs to keep me company, plus a stitched goosie, and a book on Sydney, showing where she works. (Except that a teaser on her site says she has a new job. C'mon, don't keep us hanging!)

So thank you, my dear friend, for the lovely gift and for the boost. Much needed, much appreciated.

7 comments:

kitteh pundd it said...

the daylight thing is annoying.
but consider:you're on the western end of your time zone.

here, on the leading edge of pacific time, sunset comes an hour earlier. great if you're a sunrise person. i'm not, right now, one of those.

Shirl said...

and i do appreciate that extra 50 some minutes, you're right, kim. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Julie said...

My problem is in my hips. They give me such grief!!
Ladybird.
Good on Susan for cheering you up! :) Maybe one year I'll get organised enough to send some stuff from the better city. ;)

Shirl said...

oh ho! challenge cities!!!

My knee thing kind of freaked me out, 'cause I have no way of living out here if it goes. and it hurt! fortunately it was just a warning, and now I know how to take care of it.

3rd daughter said...

so glad i bought some cheer to you dear shirl. i held on to that parcel for so long - perhaps i have ESP and sent it when i knew it would arrive at a good time :)

mmm... the better city... we'll see about that, julie :D i love melbourne but i love sydney more :)

3rd daughter said...

p.s. the tease is over...

Sudeaux Lux said...

I'm sorry that you're hurting in your knee. Arthur is a frequent visitor of mine, too.

I keep hearing a lot about Glucosamine and Chondroitin to be taken together for joint pain AND repair. My friend who works at a drug store says it sells like crazy.