Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Gardening

fall gardening My sister is such a sweetie. Not only did she give me canna bulbs, she came over Sunday and dug them for me! I think she knows I need a little nudge sometimes. That did inspire me, so after she left I dug the glad bulbs out and started spading a larger area in that bed. I have iris from my mother to plant, and as I can't use the old iris bed just yet(due to the poison ivy problem) the iris and the glads will be sharing a bed this year. I got half the iris planted too!

4 comments:

Diane and Jack said...

sounds like a busy weekend. aren't sisters the best. ;)

have you gotten a solution to the poison ivy thing yet?

Anonymous said...

You are going to have such gorgeous flower beds! And thanks for the reminder... I need to buy more Iris bulbs-- Mother's favorite in the whole wide world!

Julie said...

Iris and gladdies - can't wait for the pics!!!

Shirl said...

Sisters are terrif, Diane! On the PI thing: I'm going to spray it this fall, then remove it in the spring. I did that with some in another spot and it worked. The iris can go to that bed next ear.

You're welcome, Susan! And I love iris because they are pretty easy!

Well, I'm not the gardener your mom is Julie . . . but hopefully there will be some pics next spring!