Thursday, March 08, 2007

Reporting In!

Winter still lingers up here in mid-Michigan, but the signs of spring are mounting. The willows have a tinge of yellow-green to them. Regular trees have little tiny buds on them. There are more birds arriving every day. And the sun, when it comes out, feels a little stronger. This weekend we should have a couple of 40 degree days. Time to dig the pea patch! (Peas should be in by Good Friday. I only have 4 weeks left.)

Guess what???? Okay, time's up. Last night, as I turned onto my road, I saw a shooting star!!! Right there. You never know what you're going to see out here in the country.!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I always think that shooting stars are departed souls going off to wherever they're going.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a shooting star in years and years. I always have found them exciting when I do.

3rd daughter said...

the opposite is happening here, the sun has less bite and the air is crisper. i'm just as happy with these changes as you are with yours :)

Shirl said...

Just think, we're passing seasons along here, Julie and susan!

I was so excited to see it, Kathryn! I've seen meteors during the showers, but it has been a long time since I saw one lonesome one coming to earth. Beautiful!

Interesting though, Julie!