Friday, March 02, 2007

Signs of Spring

in the morning 2-28-07

Calendar wise, spring is only three weeks away. And we're starting to see signs of spring here in mid-Michigan. Takes some looking but:

  • There are clumps of grass showing through the snow. Brown grass, but grass nevertheless.
  • Birds are chirrping more in the morning.
  • The sunrise is smackdab in my face on the way to work. I should try going earlier????
  • There are little tiny buds on the trees. Really. You have to look, but they are there.
  • Home Shows start! These are affairs where vendors for home building and home upgrades gather at a venue and display their wares. We're showing at one this weekend.


Added 3/4/07: Eau d' Skunk is another sign of spring.

How do the seasons show their change in your area?

5 comments:

Diane and Jack said...

My boyfriend heard the Robins yesterday. He was so excited he called to share it with me.

Funny thing though, it was snowing and as the morning went on it turned to rain. It got kinda darker out but not cold, (at least not to me) The day reminded me of Rainy Spring day. :)

(btw...I'm back *winks*)

Julie said...

We don't have anything as dramatic as 10ft snow falls to show it's winter - suddenly you realise you're wearing a jumper, or not wearing one. Spring is the easiest to pick - blossoms, new growth, etc. But, with so many evergreens, one still has to look.

bryn said...

LUNAR ECLIPSE: Set aside some time this weekend for sky watching. On Saturday night, March 3rd, there's going to be a total lunar eclipse.

quantumtea said...

Sunrise is directly BEHIND me on the way to work at 6:45, a sprinkle of snow this morning but it'll soon be gone. And a slightly lowered probability of having to peel a cat off the heating vent when I get home leads me to believe Spring might be coming soon...

Shirl said...

OOh, welcome back to you, Diane!!! I'll change that link! And how cool on the robins! Doncha think this weather is REALLY going to confuse them!

That sounds so mild, Julie! Do you ever get any snow?

oh Thanks, Bryn! I'll check your place for posting! I was thinking about you with this full moon coming up!

Now Ali, I ALWAYS said I would live east of where I worked, so I wouldn't get the sunrising problem thingee. *sigh* I love where I live now, and I like where I work, so I guess I'm going to have to adjust!