Saturday, March 31, 2007

Whee!!!!

Busy busy teenagers! I picked up the nieces (16, 14, and 13) at 6:15. We went to dinner at one of the "in" roadhouses. Good food was had, and the girls had met our waiter before, so they were very happy. We didn't leave there until 8:30. We stopped at the scrapbook store, and didn't leave there until 9:30. We then went to Meijers to buy stuff for breakfast and snacks. Money was allocated for this: the amount they didn't spend for food they could spend for more scrapbooking supplies. We ended up with no snacks (I think they knew I always have a few hidden around the house) and sausage, chocolate waffles, eggs, and bananas for breakfast.

We finally started scrapbooking at 11:00. The last person crashed at 2:30 in the morning. Hann had to get up early so her Mom could pick her up and take her to dance: she was teaching a class today. The other girls got up when their mom stopped by. I made their breakfasts, then back to scrapping we went.

A great time was had by this old aunt. It was just what I needed, hanging with the kiddos. They're so good to me.

4 comments:

Julie said...

:)

Methinks Shirley's been a bit down. Mehopes she's on the way back up.

Shirl said...

yep and yep!

it has required a conscious paradigm shift though. *smile*

Thanks, kiddo!

Julie said...

Something in the ether I think. I've been a bit the same way. Much as I'm not missing the Department, I am missing the intellectual challenge and the social side of things. Much as I love books, they're not good at making conversation.

Shirl said...

I feel the same way with books, and I do love them too. However, they just converse one way!!!
I think the early spring/early autumn months are probably the hardest. Kind of silly on the spring side though . . . the weather is getting better! Oh well, go figure.