Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm Back!

I was upNorth over the weekend, on our 4th Annual Girls Weekend. Had a superb time, but came back to stormy weather and couldn't get on-line last night. (I did peek at a few blogs at work. Shhh. Don't tell.)

There were four of us on the weekend. DT is a published writer, DM is trying to break into the screenplay business, and C and I are readers. We stay at DM's cabin, then run around the upper Lower Peninsula, shopping, visiting art galleries, and just generall having a good old time. This year we spent a lot of time in Elk Rapids. They were having their semi-annual Art Beat, they were serving free mimosas and appetizers, what can I say? If you're ever in the area, the Twisted Fish Gallery is a must. We also made it up to the Mackinac Bridge to say hi. We had some rain, so my pictures are kind of scattered.

deer family
These deer hang out in front of Twisted Fish.

The rain REALLY played a part on Sunday. The Cabin LEAKED. Badly. DM, C and I spread tarps over the roof, while DT wiped windows and mopped. Ah, well, we always like an adventure.

And how was your weekend? It made me laugh to read the party in the comments!

6 comments:

Diane and Jack said...

ok, I am kinda sad now. I wish Jimmie was here so I could take him there. It sounds like his kinda of store. I might just take a weekend to myself and go up there.

Shirl, sorry for asking. But did you see any of those deers that might be small enough for grave side??

(sorry for asking)

Shirl said...

Hi, kiddo!

You know, they basically specialized in large garden sculptures. But I'll keep my eye out for what you're looking for. Don't be sorry for asking. Trust me. When it comes to deer and cemeteries, I'm with you. My dad's tombstone has a lake, trees, and a deer on it.

Diane and Jack said...

*cries*

and deeply hugs you.

Thank You Shirl.

Sudeaux Lux said...

Hi Shirl! Nice to have you back. Sounds like you all had the best time!

Julie said...

At least you have a reasonable excuse for being awol. Sorry about the rain but the rest of it sounds like fun. :)

Shirl said...

It's a good group of women. The three of them are all "empty nest" moms. Me. . . I'm used to an empty nest, but they include me anyway. {{{hugs}}}