Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day

It's Labor Day here in the states, and so, I labored! Saturday I went to Lake Michigan . . . perfect day. Yesterday family picnic . . . perfect day. This morning I painted the two back porch steps I hadn't painted, finished painting the south garage door, and painted the north garage door . . . perfect day.

Now I'm reporting in, and then I'll get left-overs from yesterday's picnic. This afternoon I'll visit Aunt N, who lives at the senior center about six miles up the road. She's progressing quite well. Most of the time she knows me. Then I'll visit Mom. She couldn't come to the picnic yesterday. She's recovering from pneumonia, and she doesn't have a lot of gumption yet. Plus, she has allergies, and while I've removed most of the ragweed from the near backyard, I've got way too much of it out here for her to be comfortable.

And how is your day going?

3 comments:

Diane and Jack said...

that ragweed is terrible stuff.
hope your mom feels better soon.

and you always make me feel so lazy on your days off - it sounds busy!

Shirl said...

well, it was fun. Until I got home and realized what a bad job I had done wit the painting. I lack your talent there, missie! You're the one who makes me feel lazy. You have all of those BOYS!

Julie said...

Get well soon Mother of Pearl.