Friday, July 20, 2007

And Now the Last Day of Vacation

. . . and it's very quiet. I'm spending this morning on my front porch, reading Life's a Beach, by Claire Cook. It's a cool morning, but the porch is warm. The kitties are asleep, Sierra out on the porch with me, Snuzzles on his pad by the door. Every ten pages or so I go do a minor chore. I'm on the second load of wash. I probably still would have been in bed, but I could hear farmer Donny, who works the fields across from me, making hay in the hay field.

Okay, just finished the book. I had ordered it from Amazon because:

1. Any chick lit book with the word Beach in it grabs my attention.
2. It was touted as a good summer read.
3. It was by Claire Cook, who wrote the book Must Love Dogs, which was made into a 2005 movie starring John Cusack and Diane Lane. I liked the movie.

The book was the third I've read this week. I'm glad I saved it for last. It's about a 41-year-old sister and an almost 50-year-old sister, and how life works. It's a great book for those who don't have "perfectly planned" lives. I identified with the younger sister and there were some good points about "not deciding" is deciding. So if I appear more decisive in the future . . . nah, that's not going to happen.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Have you read any Marion Keyes - an Irish "chicklit" author? She's hilarious.

Julie said...

PS. I used to be indecisive, now I'm just not sure.

Shirl said...

hahahaha! That's me, Julie, that's me.

I don't believe I have read Marion Keyes. I'll have to look her up!

Julie said...

She's very Irish/English in her use of language but I don't think you'll have too much trouble. ;)