Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to Work

The alarm went off at 5:30. Up to feed the cats, then back to bed for a 6:00 a.m. real get-up. The alarm went off, I opened up the front porch . . . and there were the deer playing in the cut oat field. I hadn't seen them since Tuesday night. The field being cut has changed their schedule. I thought it was a good sign to see them on my way back to work. (Get up at 6:00 a.m. during vacation???? Not on your tintype!) (I believe that's a quote from Music Man on "not on your tintype". I'm living in a different century, I think.)

Thursday I visited a friend who had had reductive surgery on her chest. Ouch! This seems like a lot of pain to go through, and of course I would need enhancement, not reduction, but wow. I don't think I would elect to do it. Any thoughts?

Friday I took Mom to lunch, then went shopping, so the urges for fine dining and shopping were satisfied on this vacation.

And Saturday and Sunday, well, I just enjoyed the farm. That is its own special magic.

theylooklikeeggs
From the barnyard

3 comments:

Diane and Jack said...

Special Magic indeed!

As for the reduction, I heard those were painful, but I have heard it go both ways. Same here, but I would need an enhancement, lipo, nose...lol.

But the pain is not worth it to me as with the cost either. I do understand the reductions though - backpain and etc.
;)

Hope your friend feels better soon and is happier with the results.

Julie said...

A woman I used to work with needed a reduction - her back was bent forwards by about 30 degrees cos of the weight pulling her forward. Don't know if she ever had it done though.
As for me - I wouldn't bother. Wouldn't mind reducing all over but not surgically!

Shirl said...

I'm hoping she feels better soon. Thursday she kept saying, "People told me this was no big deal, but it is!!" Of course, I'm not sure about pain tolerances and such, also.

I do think her back pain will be better when she's all well. I hope!