Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Catching up!

Hello there!

Light blogging going on. I've been a little under the weather for the last week, and I'm on vacation this week, so I've been kind of missing in action.

Traumatic experience on Saturday! I was driving home from the grocery store about 1:30 p.m. Suddenly, right in front of me, was a fawn!!!! I swerved one way, it swerved the same way. I was sure I was going to crush it with my left wheel. But she rolled over twice, then got up and scampered over to the woods on the left. I stopped and tried to find her, to see if she was hurt, but I couldn't.

Last night in my north field there was a fawn dancing around. I'm going to say that was the same one. I shirley do hope so!

Added: Lots of deer/car accidents in Michigan. These are just the reported ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the fawn is all right (I'm going to assume the best). I hope you are too! Feel better soon.

Julie said...

It was the same one, definitely. I hit a wombat one night - nearly turned the car over, it was like hitting a large rock. It just wandered off into the bush as if nothing had happened. I had to get the wheels realigned.

Shirl said...

thanks for helping me think the fawn is all right. It was quite an experience, and mebbe set off some of the tummy upset going on.

Things are going well today, though