Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dating Myself

For some reason I thought of this TV-movie today. I was 20 when I saw it. Yikes! When I imdb'd it, I couldn't help but identify with this reviewer:
I remember watching this movie on TV when I was in High School, probably in 1972, and I remembered it all these 33 years. I was amazed when I found it for sale on E-Bay. I remember it being fascinating in 1972 because it was obviously filmed on video-tape and had a very different look. I was disappointed it was transferred to film, but I guess it had to be, to be transferred to DVD, possibly? This movie made me cry when I was a teenager, and did again at 47. Jan Michael-Vincent was so beautiful then. And, as a 15 year old, I didn't appreciate Hershel Bernardi's performance as much as I did today. It is a very moving film, and if you are a romantic you will want to view it. I believe it is a very underrated film


What old (and that is a relative term) movie/tv show/song still lingers in your memory?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Don't think I've ever seen this film.
I have lots of old stuff lingering around - yesterday I was thinking of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes for some reason. I remember thinking it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Then I watched it years later without any "assistance" and it wasn't that funny.
And then I had Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea pop up in Unconscious Mutterings.
And, of course, old (and newer ones too) Cure songs have been running riot through my head all week.

Julie said...

haha, just read the post's title - where did you go on your date?

Shirl said...

haha! even the term dating is kind of dated, isn't it?!

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes??? oh my!!! And I forgot, Cure isn't the newest band on the block.

ah, to be as old and experienced and as memoryful as we are . . .

Julie said...

Started in 1976, so they've been around for a while. And for a while more I expect.

Shirl said...

well, i know that if all their fans are like you . . . they'll be around forever!!!!