Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer Movies in Review - Knocked Up

Knocked Up was written and directed by Judd Apatow, who performed the same duties on last year's 40-Year-Old Virgin. While Virgin was quite bawdy, I enjoyed it and had high expectations for Knocked. They weren't met *sigh*. I think Virgin worked in large part because of Steven Carell's turn in the lead role. He looks like a normal guy, where the male lead in Knocked looks and acts mighty strange. There is a lot of drug usage in Knocked Up, which may put me off quite a bit. And now that I've imdb'd both movies, I see that Carell is also listed as co-writer of Virgin. That might really have something to do with Virgin's success.

Shirl's rating: 1.5 out of 4.

2 comments:

Julie said...

It did pretty well at the box office I think - I didn't see it though. I avoid movies that are obviously aimed at youngsters (ie pre-30s). They seem to demand that you leave your brain at home.

Shirl said...

Yeah, it did very well. My brother Crits liked it, so it could just be me.

The rest of the reviews will have to wait until later, I guess. All of a sudden my eyes are getting sleepy!!!