Monday, August 20, 2007

Sometimes It Doesn't Pay to Take a Vacation

So . . . I went back to bed. The kitties are so cool for morning naps. They arrange themselves in comfortable places. I was starting to wake up again, when my cell phone rang. It was Mom. "Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, just waking up," I smile.

"Oh good." She sounded nervous, but I was kind of sleepy. "Maynard called." Maynard lives on Mt. Hope, and he can see the farm from his backyard. He's got bad arthritis, and drives around in a little golf cart chasing deer and checking out the neighborhood. He has had a drinking problem through the years, but he is a good-hearted person. "He said that a branch fell on your car, and your back window is broken."

"What??????" I hopped out of bed. The poor kitties didn't know what had hit them. I ran to the office window. Sure enough, Maynard hadn't been telling a story.

Oh well. These things happen. Insurance will pay most of it, the glass people make mobile calls so they will be here this afternoon. Kind of an expensive lesson but I think I have learned it now: PARK IN THE GARAGE, IDIOT!!!!

2 comments:

Sudeaux Lux said...

Oh, wow! Can you just go back to bed and start all over again? Sure hope you can get it ALL paid for.

Shirl said...

well, i had a deductible, but the rest is paid for.

Tony, the glass guy, was just here. He was a sweetie. I'm all good to go. Yikes!