Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Summer Movies in Review - No Reservations

I've never worked in a restaurant, and I had never considered the behind the scene mechanizations until I read Elin Hildenbrand's book, Blue Bistro. Set on Nantucket, the book takes the reader behind the scenes of a fictional first-class restaurant and the people and chefs that make them the signature places to visit. No Reservations takes us to the same place in film.

This movie got terrible reviews, and I'm not sure why. I loved it. Catherine Zeta Jones role as a tough chef and scared aunt was well played. Her love interest is played by Aaron Eckhardt, whom you may remember as the lead in Thank You for Smoking. Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine", portrays the niece, and continues to provide real kid performances. And then there is the food. Perhaps that's it. Perhaps I am a foodie after all.

Shirl's Rating: 3/4

No comments: