Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer Movies in Review - Evan Almighty

Speaking of Steve Carell, he played the lead in Evan Almighty. I found Evan to be a pleasant diversion. Carell is perfect as the perfectionist congressman who becomes a modern day Noah. Morgan Freeman plays God with a laughing seriousness that is wonderful.

Evan Almighty lacks the heartfeltness of the death scene of Bruce Almighty, where Bruce learns to pray. I still think that prayer is the most beautiful prayer scene I've seen on the big screen:

God: Grace. You want her back?
Bruce: No. I want her to be happy, no matter what that means. I want her to find someone who will treat her with all the love she deserved from me. I want her to meet someone who will see her always as I do now, through Your eyes.
God: Now THAT'S a prayer.


oh Great! Now that I'm looking at imdb.com on this, I see they really do go together! Evan Baxter was in Bruce Almighty! He got Bruce's job. Oh man. I am so forgetful. Wow!

Shirl's Score: 2.5/4

No comments: